VEGGIE BURGERS WITH BBQ DRESSING AND SWEET POTATO FRIES
BURGERS! YEAH! Is there anything more comforting than a nice greasy burger with some homemade fries?
I often do a vegetarian burger with regular filling like lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles. Oh, and a tasty dressing that runs down the hands and creates a mess. For fries I like using sweet potatoes, often paired with either a fresh lemon mayo or a spicy mayo to challenge the sweetness.
- Veggie minced “beef”
- 8 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche 18 %
- 2 teaspoons BBQ Salt from Vestjyske Delikatesser
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 4 burger buns
- 500 g sweet potatoes
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes. Cook them in the oven with some salt and oil for 30-40 minutes at 200 degrees. Tossing them around midway through.
- Meanwhile, shape the veggie minced “beef” into 4 patties. Season them with salt and pepper. Cook them in a skillet, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche with 1 teaspoon of Sriracha and 2 teaspoons of BBQ Salt from Vestjyske Krydderier.
- For the fries, mix 4 (or more) tablespoons of mayonnaise with lemon zest and juice from 1/4 of a lemon.
- Slice the vegetables to your liking, heat up the buns and start building your burger!