Ceviche with lemon, lime and orange
Ceviche is so fresh and lovely. The best part is that it reminds me of good times in Central America! So, ceviche is basically raw fish that gets “cooked” from the citric acid in the juice of citrus fruits. The dish feels fresh, healthy and safe.
This one is made with a range og citrus fruits! You can use the fruits you like the most. Cover the fish with the juice, and leave in the fridge for 1,5-2 hours and voilá. Choose good quality fish since you’re still dealing with a very raw product. Add a few different greens and herbs. I like to use cucumber for some crunch, avocado or mango for a soft, fatty feeling and onion or fresh chili for some edge.
Ingredients (1 pers.)
- Cod, 100-200 g
- Red onion
- Red chili
- Cut the cod in 1 x 1 cm pieces. Cover it with juice from about three limes, one lemon and one orange.
- Chill in the fridge for 1,5-2 hours.
- Finely chop avocado, orange, cucumber, red onion and coriander.
- Take out the cod and drain the juices. Mix the cod with the chopped greens.
- Top with finely sliced red chili. Eat as it is or use it on bread or in a taco.