Cacao pancakes with pistachio cream
Who doesn’t like pancakes? I’m normally a big fan of crêpes, which I make as a sweet or savoury treat. But today is about those thick American styled pancakes! These can even be eaten with good consciousness because they are made with cacao, banana, oats and cooked in coconut oil. Not your regular guilty pleasure pancakes.
Now, let’s talk toppings! When I really want to treat myself I top the pancakes with fresh berries, cacao nibs and this amazing roasted pistachio cream from my favourite little shop Oliviers & Co. Get it here!
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 3 eggs
- 1 dl oats, blended
- 1 dl flour
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp bakingpowder
- Vanilla extract
- Mash the bananas with a fork and mix it with whisked eggs.
- Add oats, cacao, baking powder, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Mix the dough.
- Add the flour, just a little at a time. You might not have to use all of it!
- Heat up some coconut oil on in a skillet. Add 3 tbsp of the dough and spread it out carefully. Cook the pancake on each side.
- Top the pancakes with roasted pistachio cream from Oliviers & Co., cacao nibs and fresh berries.